The eLearning Bottom Line
The advantages of elearning are great and varied—but at the end of the day, the bottom line is that elearning . . .
saves money and time while also making training more accessible and scalable!
eLearning provides the right people, with the right knowledge, at the right time – transferring critical knowledge from those who have it, to those who need it.
The advantages of elearning are almost as numerous as the organizations using it but the most common are . . .
- Accessibility – No need to schedule specific times for training . . . elearning can be accessed anytime, anywhere!
- Less Training Time – Self-directed training typically reduces instructional time by 50% or more!
- Less Workflow Disruption – Learners train at their convenience, NOT an instructor’s.
- Scalability – Can train large populations quickly and easily.
- Eliminate Travel Costs – Learners access training via their computer so no need for learners or instructors to travel.
- Simplified Training Documentation – eLearning enables training to be documented automatically.
- Personalization – Learners progress at their own pace.
- Consistency – All learners receive consistent instruction.
- Free Up Instructor Time – Valuable instructor time can be allocated to topics where face-to-face interaction is critical.
Why not gain the tangible bottom-line business benefits realized by Fortune 500 companies, small- and medium-sized businesses, government entities and nonprofits alike—who wisely trusted Lean Forward to create superior and affordable elearning solutions that incorporate proven computer-based Instructional Design best practices and cutting-edge instructional technology?